Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Introducing the "Summer Butt Challenge" and the "7 Day Ab Challenge"


Hey All!

First, I have to start off by giving the necessary credit to these challenges.  They can be found on Skinnyms.com and were designed by Gale Compton (a nationally certified fitness instructor)!

Here is the link to Skinny Ms. Fitness:

http://www.skinnyms.com/


"Summer Butt Challenge" :

So far I have completed days 1 and 2 and I am seriously feeling it.  Besides feeling the burn (literally... "butt burns" freakin' burn!) the thing I love the most about this challenge is that it starts off with a difficult and strenuous workout on day 1.  When facing a fitness challenge I always appreciate a demanding start because 1) it's a good way to gage your initial fitness standing so you can better understand and feel the progress you make as the challenge progresses and 2) it's a great motivator to conquer a kick-ass workout on day 1 of a challenge!

Here are two things I have learned so far:
1) Butt Burns are amazing.  These are a new workout to me and I plan to integrate them into my workouts even after this challenge is complete.  The best part is...you can do them anywhere all you need is a step/bench/chair!

2) Leg lifts are a completely different workout when you cross your legs.  Maybe it is just me, but I felt the effects of leg lifts 10x more with my legs crossed!  Just a little tip that I found good to know!


"7 Day Ab Challenge"

I have also completed days 1 and 2 of this challenge.  Unlike the Summer Butt Challenge, the 7 Day Ab Challenge starts off at a much slower pace.  After the first day I had to follow up the suggested routine with an ab workout of my own in order to feel the sense of accomplishment I was looking for.  However, with that said...day 2 definitely picks up the pace and gives you a much better workout.  I can really feel it today! 

Things to remember while tackling the ab challenge:

Everything is more effective when done slowly and with the proper breathing techniques!

Both of these challenges have videos you can refer to for demonstrations and instructions which make it easy to complete correctly and both challenges cram a great workout into a short amount of time (a max of 20 mins) which I know a lot of you appreciate!

That's all for now...I'm off to tackle day 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment