Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A couple juice smoothie suggestions

Per Juli's request, I am adding these juice recipes to the blog for anyone who would like to try!  Congrats to all who are finishing the juice cleanse today!  I did a detox a couple of weeks ago and they can be tough (especially that first day!)  Enjoy!


First one:
2 to 3 leaves kale
3/4 cup pineapple juice
4 to 5 strawberries, grapes, or 1 small orange
1 banana
2 to 3 pieces of pineapple
1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked overnight
*The chia seeds are great for your skin and kale is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, also good for healing*
. 
1) First, blend the pineapple that you are using for your juice, or juice if that's what you are using. Then add the kale by itself to the pineapple juice and blend until smooth. Blending the kale first ensures that you don't get a big chunk while you're sipping later!

2) Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

Second one:
1 pomegranate, seeded
1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1 apple (red/gala/pink lady-any sweet variety-not grannies; optional)
1 beet (optional)

Directions: 
1. In a juicer, process pomegranate seeds, then cranberries, then apple, then beet. (The order doesn't really matter, but if you use a beet, add it last to push any pulp through.)
Makes: 1 serving, Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes


Third one:
2 beets (washed, no greens) and 1 sweet apple.  
According to my running buddy who provided me this recipe, you will pee pink... but don't be alarmed! HA! :-)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lynn! I am going to try one of these for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay good! can't wait to hear how it goes...I'm going to try either what you had earlier (the blueberry, orange, apple and pear combo or the cucumber, orange and pear that you guys had yesterday or the day before I can't remember now) I bought all the ingredients because it sounds yummy even though I'm not cleansing...do you think I could do them in the blender? (I don't have a juicer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure how it will taste in a blender...but you can give it a try! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete