Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Two for Jules!

No one was lying when they said the first 24 hours were going to be the hardest.  Yesterday was definitely a struggle for me.  I felt pretty useless.  I was expecting my energy to be low and for the first portion of the day I found myself trying to push through it.  However, once I accepted that this was part of the challenge I gave into it and allowed myself to sleep and relax.  Now I will not only be cleansed, but rested as well! 

Christie and I finished yesterday with a great new recipe that we created.  Definitely better than the previous "it's chug-able" concoction.  By the way...it really wasn't even "chug-able."  Well, at least not for me.  It took a lot of water to get the lingering taste out of my mouth!  Even though Christie swears that it was a bad batch of berries, I will forever have bad emotions towards spinach!

Anywhoo...give this new juicer recipe a try!

1/2 cucumber
3 oranges
1/2 pear

We have yet to name this one.  But, when we do, it will be something that stands for  yummie/refreshing/I want more!

Today started with a tasty concoction of  2 oranges, 1 apple, and 1 pear! 

My energy level has definitely increased and my hunger has definitely decreased.  I am really feeling good today!

It is so rewarding to know I have made it through to the hardest part and now I get to experience the more positive aspects of this challenge.  I have learned over the past couple of years that if you make health a priority in your life so many wonderful things can come out of it.  You learn to build a better relationship with yourself by making yourself the priority and becoming more in tune with your own needs and goals.  You build a better relationship with food.  You learn to appreciate the fact that food our fuel, it's something we can all enjoy(even the unappealing healthy stuff!), and ultimately it determines how long each of us will live healthy lives.  After  they do say "you are what you eat."  Specifically, this juice cleanse has reintroduced me to discipline, dedication, and strong will.  The fact that I have made it through half of the cleanse now has allowed me to prove to myself that I can make a promise to myself, and keep it.  There is no room for excuses.  I either do this for myself...or I don't.  So here's to another day and a half!

Now I am off to the spa to release even more toxins! 

3 comments:

  1. hey girl, here are a couple recipes I found that you could try out:

    First one:
    2 to 3 leaves kale
    3/4 cup pineapple juice
    4 to 5 strawberries, grapes, or 1 small orange
    1 banana
    2 to 3 pieces of pineapple
    1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked overnight
    *The chia seeds are great for your skin and kale is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, also good for healing*
    .
    1) First, blend the pineapple that you are using for your juice, or juice if that's what you are using. Then add the kale by itself to the pineapple juice and blend until smooth. Blending the kale first ensures that you don't get a big chunk while you're sipping later!

    2) Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

    Second one:
    1 pomegranate, seeded
    1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
    1 apple (red/gala/pink lady-any sweet variety-not grannies; optional)
    1 beet (optional)

    Directions:
    1. In a juicer, process pomegranate seeds, then cranberries, then apple, then beet. (The order doesn't really matter, but if you use a beet, add it last to push any pulp through.)
    Makes: 1 serving, Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes

    I got these from the blog of one of my running buddies. Just thought I'd share! Proud of you for finishing up Day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound SOOO delicious! Since you can contribute to the page you should copy this into a blog! Thanks so much for the support and keeping me accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okie! I'll make it a post :-) HOME STRETCH!!!

    ReplyDelete